Below are links to other websites that you might find helpful and informative. We cannot be responsible for, nor do we necessarily endorse, the content or opinions expressed within these websites belonging to others.
- Heartworm Society
Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- Chronic renal failure in cats
For owners whose cats have chronic renal failure, this site explains the disease, treatment options, and even lists feline kidney transplant centers. If your cat has CRF, this will be an invaluable resource for you.
- Dog and cat anatomy
Have you ever wanted to know that the inside of a dog or a cat looks like? You will find terrific full-color illustrations of dog and cat anatomy here, which can help you to understand a pet's illness or injuries.
- Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement
We have all experienced the pain of losing a pet. The Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement has set up this site for support during this most difficult time. You will find inspirational stories, grief counselling resources, hotline number and many other resources.
- Breeds of Dogs
A quick reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos and brief descriptions of each breed's characteristics.
- National Animal Poison Control Center
This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Plants Toxic to Animals, Introduction -- Vet Med Library, UIUC
A lot of information about toxic plants can be found here. You can search under common name or scientific name of the plant.
- Rainbow Bridge
Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- West Nile Virus
This site is maintainted by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine